ChivaBrothers, it's official! Javier 'Chicharito' Hernández returns to the team of his Amores for the Clausura 2024. We are convinced that his love for the Institution, the experience acquired during his successful career and the leadership that characterizes him will be reflected in this new stage with Chivas.
Javier Hernandez's profile:
- He is a center forward.
- He is 35 years old and was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco.
- He is the top scorer in the history of the Mexican National Team with 52 goals.
- He was formed in the Cantera Rojiblanca.
- He scored 127 goals in Europe.
What is his trajectory?
- Javier made his debut in Chivas in 2006 and starting that day it was known that he was made of something special, because in his professional debut he scored a great goal against Necaxa.
- He was sold to Manchester United, where he played for several years and was Premier League Champion. He also played in a Champions League final.
- After his time in England, Hernandez joined Real Madrid, with whom he was Club World Cup Champion.
- After his time as a Merengue, he moved to the Bundesliga to join Bayern Leverkusen, where he scored several goals and also became a star.
- His last stage in Europe was with West Ham and Sevilla. He was even part of the Sevilla squad that won the 2020 Europa League.
- His last team was the Los Angeles Galaxy in the MLS.
What are his characteristics as a player?
- He is a genius at getting unmarked, he is able to generate advantages to the whole offensive structure with his aggressive movements.
- His finishing is fantastic. He has an incalculable amount of resources to finish plays, he has proven it with every team he has played for.
- As a result of his stay in Germany he greatly improved his support game. He is very good coming out of the area to join the dynamic with the ball.
What will he bring to Guadalajara?
- Beyond the off-field issues in which he will add all his experience and leadership, Javier Hernandez has skills that do not have an expiration date: individual quality and interpretation of the game. He is capable of conditioning in any way and this was demonstrated at the Galaxy, which was his most recent team.
- Javier is a legend who is still active, with an enviable physical workout and an immense desire to lift a Cup with the Rebaño, which is why we are convinced that he is a luxury reinforcement.
Welcome home, 'Chicharito'!!!!
Javier Hernandez's numbers
- 617 games played
- 258 goals (11 in Liga de Ascenso)
- 29 goals with Chivas (3 of them in Copa Libertadores)
- Liga MX champion in 2006
- 2 Premier League titles (2010-2011 and 2012-2013)
- 3 Community Shield (2010, 2011 and 2013)
- 2014 Club World Cup
- 2011 Gold Cup